This time of year I love creating new soup recipes, and this one screams comfort food. 🍲
This Red Potato & Ham + Cheesy Soup… with Roasted Broccoli piled on top is a must to keep your belly warm on these brisk winter days. 〰️〰️〰️〰️
Enjoy this rich and hearty soup! Perfect along side a roasted pear salad, and persimmon chia pudding for dessert! ~Dana xx
45 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 45 Total Time
- 5 cups chopped red potatoes(skins on)
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 4 diced carrots
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 head broccoli/broken into pieces
- 5 tbs butter or ghee
- 5 tbs flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbs olive olive
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sea salt/ ground black pepper
- Vegetable seasoning
- Combine potatoes, onion, ham, broth to boil/reduce to simmer until potatoes are soft.(approx 15 minutes)
- Seperate sauce pan
- Melt butter or ghee
- Over medium heat wish in flour and cook until thick.
- Slowly add in milk work to prevent lumps! Cook until thickened. Add in cheese.
- Stir cheesy mixture in soup pot. Blend well, and heat through.
- Drizzle broccoli with olive oil, and roast pieces on cookie sheet @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Use spatula to flip half way through. *Add sea salt/ pepper and vegtable seasoning prior to roasting. I add red pepper flakes too!
- Ladle soup in bowls, and generously top with roasted broccoli.